Friday, 12 February 2010

Winning People's Heart

I read this book this morning and it taught me a good lesson on how to win people's heart. The title of the book is ENJOY YOUR LIFE and the author is Dr Muhammad Abd Al-Rahman Al-Arifi published by DARUSSALAM. I bought the book in Madinah but later discovered that the book could be obtained from Malaysian bookstores but a bit more expensive. These are some of the abstracts on pages 82 to 85.

1. Your status, profession and wealth don't win people but your manners, kindness, and respects for others do.

2. Do not raise (or mistreat) your family with only wealth and food as their appreciation for you diminishes when the wealth and food shrivel.

3. People remember and appreciate you not because of your physical self but your social and spiritual self.

Now let's read this hadith from Sahih Muslim:

Ibn Umar RA and Jabir RA narrated that the Messanger of Allah (PBUH) said: "A believer eats in one intestine and a disbeliever eats in seven intestines".

So what do say about that?

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this post because society has become corrupted by luxury and convenience. Whatever happened to simplicity? Thanks for sharing, and happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoyed your posting on listening Elley. Thanks to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do believe in those too, although according to my experiences it was quite hard to find people who truly appreciate other people's inner value.

    How I wish I could achieve all of that. How great will it feel if everybody we love respects us the same way we did? :)

    ReplyDelete