Thursday, 16 July 2009

UPM Bintulu Campus

Last Tuesday, July 14th, 2009, I was invited to give a talk to about 350 new students of UPM, Bintulu Campus. My first visit to Bintulu was in 2002 but it was only for a day and it was so brief and I didn't bring my camera and that I could not recall how Bintulu really look like . My journey to Bintulu was via Kuching. I managed to take these two pictures at the Kuching Airport below before boarding the Fokker to Bintulu.

Kuching Airport has changed tremendously. It's like a midi KLIA.

The Fokker to Bintulu is owned by the MASwing

I left Kuching at 4.50 pm and arrived at Bintulu Airport (below) at 5.55 pm.

I was received by Mustafa and Qayyum (MTM boys) at the Bintulu Airport which is like a mini KLIA

The driver fetched me at the airport to this small but OK hotel. All good hotels in Bintulu were fully booked, said the driver. I reached the hotel at 6.30 pm and later that evening at 9.00 pm I delivered the talk for two hours to the students. I was exhausted.

The next day Mustafa and Qayyum (The MTM Boys) took me for a ride around the campus. Take a look at these photos.

Above is a dining hall of the Rajang College and below are the hostels.

Then they showed me where the students did their field work.



After the trip, the they took me to the Bintulu town. They showed me the unique Bintulu Town Hall building (below)

Later they took me to the Tamu or market. Belacan Bintulu is very popular here.

10 comments:

  1. Kalau gi bintulu lagi jgn lupa singgah Briani Gam House di Bintulu. Owner kedai tu adik sakinah yg kerja kapal petronas Bintulu-Jepun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lahhhhh... kalau tau makan kat situ aje dulu. InsyaAllah, abang akan ke sana kalau ada peluang ke sana lagi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. last i visit Bintulu for work is in 2006...lol..the best part i got to taste venison for the 1st time... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria, what is venison? Never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. venison t daging rusa pak ngah... :)

    ur pics make me miss my hometown..gambar kat pasar tamu tu, i nampak buah engkalak..mesti skrg ni dah musim buah engkalak...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laaaaaa ... daging rusa. My vocab is very limited, Maria. Buah engkalak tu yang warna merah tu kan? Pak Ngah ada pegang, lembik sikit. Sedap ke Maria?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sedap la pak ngah..rasa berlemak manis... jirus dgn air panas je pastu after few minutes toskan air dia and gaul dgn garam sikit...then terus boleh dimakan begitu saja...lol...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Menyesal pulak tak beli. Meleleh air liur dengar cerita Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  9. now i cant wait to fly back home next wednesday....will enjoy the local food before going back to kl.... :p

    ReplyDelete
  10. SAyaa last ke UPM bntulu 2007, masa tu sem 5 pak ngah, just share with u.

    ReplyDelete